Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Plague of Students

A new Co-Op semester brings new students to my work place. I will admit I normally don’t take an interest in the students as a general rule. They are the nameless hordes that cycle through the cubical farm on an endless basis. I have been known to refer to them as student 1 or 2 (the computer id assignment for them…the students change, the computers never do). This term is even looking gloomier than ever. Why? The last set of students Sharmista , and Jeffrey (yes I even botherd to learn their names) were actually pretty cool individuals. They actually talked! There have been a few students that wouldn’t talk even if you asked them a direct question.

What is different this time, over all the other Co-op terms is Model Plant (my little slice of R&D purgatory) has been assigned our very own new student. This means Probie (the newest employee in model plant) finally gets to be referred to as something other than Probie. She of course was gloating about this today. Thats when I pointed up to the white board that we share, and Natalie’s half of the board has her new name…. Nat Nat Bobat.

She wasn’t amused!




No comments: