Thursday, September 20, 2007

G is also for Glass

G is for Glass, Stained

I have for a few years now been delinquent from my Stained Glass hobby. Its a shame, as I did enjoy making stuff in glass. Its just every time I start making stuff I am interested in , my mother starts placing orders for stuff I really, really find boring to make. I use copper foil technique, instead of the traditional lead came method. I have used both, and have even got so far as pouring my own lead came as described in Roman/Greek texts. I think if I ever got my hands on a glass kiln, I'd probably get back into it, as there are some really cool stuff that can be done with chemical glazes. I enrolled in a glass blowing workshop a few years ago, but had to dropout after the first day do to the heat causing me blistering up to my elbows. That's with wearing the protective gear they supplied. Note to self 1500' heat is bad for me!

No comments: