Wednesday, September 26, 2007

H is for Holly & Harvey

H is for Holly.

My family has always had dogs. Never cats, always dogs. Currently we have a big old goof of a black lab named holly. She is an even tempered dog, with massive hearing problems. Hearing only what she wants to hear, and tuning out the rest. She is getting on in years, and my dad has said that this will be the last dog we ever have. It will be a sad day when she goes, as even though each dog we have had are unique animals, the unconditional love that they gave/give is constant. Holly recent had a run in with the rocking goat I made for my nephew. The goat was placed a little to close to Holly's water bowl. When she went to get a drink she bumped the goat. The goat moved, dog jumped back and looked hard at the goat. She approached cautiously to see whats up with the goat. she bumped it with her nose. The goat moved again. The hackles were now up, and the growling and barking started. I saw the whole thing happen, and was laughing hysterically at my brave dogs attitude towards an inanimate object. Rocking goat had to live in my room in till it was given to Leland. Holly couldn't live in the same house with it. Yes that a rubber crocodile on her head. Good Dog!


H is for Harvey


My favorite movie of all time is Harvey. Starring Jimmy Stewart as Elwood P Dowd, a drunken goodhearted rich guy who has an invisible 6ft tall white rabbit drinking buddy called Harvey. Harvey's existence or lack there of causes all sorts of problems for his family, and committing Elwood is proving more difficult than they thought. I saw this when I was in my teens, and it struck a cord. No film has ever compared to it. It makes me happy just thinking about the film.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking a re-watch is in order...