Tuesday, September 11, 2007

C is for Coffee

C is for Coffee.

Now really, could have there been anything else? I have been a caffeine addict for almost as long as I can remember. Now I am not a latte swilling arabica bean snob. I like my coffee black, strong and bordering on toxic. You now the type... the stuff that's been percolating for three days on the Coleman stove. Spoons disolve in the stuff if left in it long enough. hhmmmm good stuff!


C is the Cock & Bull Tavern

C is also for the Cock and Bull Tavern. I have my special occasions licence for selling alcohol. I used to run a fun little tavern at the local SCA (society of Creative Anachronism). It was an attempt to be better than all the other Inn Keeps in this area that thought a decent tavern was a cash box, some plastic cups, and a garbage can full of ice water. I built full tavern sets , had aluminum tankards (not good, but better than plastic beer cups), I hired musicians to serenade costumers...and to eventually drive away the loiterers. It was a fun job and I enjoyed doing it, but liability insurance just got to damb expensive. The Tavern may be done, but I still have the sign hanging in my wood shop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's what I need right now. Still have a bunch of work to do and I'm starting to feel my eyes get heavy...